Volunteer Victim Advocates provide in-person direct services to survivors at local emergency rooms and law enforcement centers.*
Hotline volunteers are integral to our crisis intervention services – they answer calls on our 24-hour hotline.*
Family Services Volunteer
Assisting with childcare in the shelter and for groups is an important and gratifying role that makes a difference in the lives of the children we serve.*
*Victim Advocacy, Hotline Advocacy, and Family Services volunteer opportunities require the 60-Hour Domestic & Sexual Violence Certification.
Click HERE for more information about our 60-Hour Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Certification
Promote our mission by supporting various events and marketing efforts at Mutual Ground and in the community. Volunteer on-site and/or assist with projects.
- Santa’s Workshop Event Location Needed – We are looking for an off-site location in the Aurora area to hold our annual Santa’s Workshop in 2020. We would need significant storage space for donated holiday items beginning in mid-November. Event prep would take place beginning December 1 and, the event would run from December 9 through December 12, 2020. If interested in learning more, please email Julie Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join Mutual Ground’s Gardening Club – Love to work in the yard? We have a beautifully landscaped area that always needs tender loving care during the Spring, Summer and Fall months. Volunteer on your time schedule or join us for planned landscaping project days.
- Clothing Closet Organizer & Volunteers – Looking for a special Volunteer or two to coordinate our Clothing Closet on a weekly basis. Also need helpers to sort donated clothing, hang items and organize our Clothing Closet.
- Student Volunteers – We love students at Mutual Ground! Join us on Wednesdays or Thursdays anytime between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. and get credit for school service hours. Stay an hour or longer. Log 25 volunteer hours and get a special prize!
- Community Outreach – Promote Mutual Ground at tabling events in our service area during the Spring and Summer months.
PLEASE NOTE – Our volunteer program has suspended all activities at this time for the safety of our volunteers, staff and clients. We are still gladly accepting volunteer applications, which is the first step to become a volunteer.
To apply, please fill out our Volunteer Application Form by clicking below:
Corporate or Community Groups
We welcome community groups as well as corporate groups wishing to undertake an on-site project, volunteer for an event, or establish a day of caring at Mutual Ground. We will provide a valuable day of volunteering that includes an overview of our organization and a tour if possible.