Mutual Ground welcomes the valuable contribution of volunteers. They are an integral part of Mutual Ground, helping us meet our mission of providing services for victims of domestic and sexual violence, and assisting them as much as we can. We are grateful for the time and effort volunteers dedicate to making our community a safer place to live.
Women, men, teens (eighteen and older) from every ethnic background, race, lifestyle and religion can volunteer. All volunteers are asked to agree to a one year commitment, with a minimum of two days a month.
Applicants working directly with victims are required to complete the 60+ hour volunteer training, offered several times a year. Our next volunteer training will begin May 27, 2014. There is a $75 fee to enroll in the training. $50 will be returned to you if one year of volunteering is completed. There is a $250 fee to enroll in training if you are not interested in volunteering, but would still like to complete domestic violence/sexual assault advocate training.
All volunteers are required to complete an application, click here for application Volunteer Application 13 and submit it to the Deb Bacorn, Director of Volunteer Services.
- mail it to her attention at Mutual Ground, 418 Oak Ave, Aurora IL 60506
- fax it to her at 630-897-3536
- email to her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your application has been received, an interview will be scheduled.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Providing Support for Victims at Hospital ER’s: So that victims and their children are not alone, volunteers are called to area hospitals emergency rooms to offer support and options and provide information about Mutual Ground.
- Shelter Help: Helping with assorted tasks around the shelter
- Youth Programs: Assisting with childcare in the shelter, and with various children/teen programs
- Admin help: Assisting with projects as needed.
- Fundraising help: Assisting with Fundraising Events: Walk for Hope and Blossoms of Hope Gala.
In addition, we welcome groups/companies wishing to do a project or a day of caring, scouts that want to complete their final service project.